I can't believe it's been over a month since Valentine's Day. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but this year is going by so so so fast. I recently ordered invitations for a little post-graduation get together and I can't believe that time is almost here!
This year for Valentine's Day, Justin and I decided to keep it a little on the low key side of things. A nice little night at home and we'd be set. Also, we had to celebrate a few days after the 14th since Justin works at Outback and Valentine's Day is a super busy day for him.
I saw a couple cute ideas on Pinterest (of course): A scavenger hunt and a DIY pre-planned date book. I LOVED them both, so I tried to figure out a way to incorporate them both into my v-day gift. I decided that I would do the scavenger hunt around our house, with prizes along with each clue, and have the "grand-prize" include the date book!
I started at Michaels for some supplies. Since it was past the 14th, they had all their Valentine's supplies on sale! Yay! That makes for a happy Emily.
I thought the banner could also work as the book. I also got some fun scrapbook paper to put in between the date cards.
I started by working on the scavenger hunt. I made five clues and then hid them around the house. Because I stink at poetry...I used the same ones as listed on my inspiration website.
After that was done, I went to work on the date book. I created a date for each month, and inserted a fun blank sheet between each month to bulk it up a bit. I also created numerous "wild card" dates that we could have for those times we just couldn't decide what to do for a date.
Once I was done with that, I put everything together. Each clue had a small prize such as candy, socks, sleep pants, etc. The final prize had the date book, a tie, and my card. It was really fun to create and I think Justin had fun finding all the prizes. I only had to help him once (with the shoe clue I think). It was awesome!
When Justin asked what I wanted for a gift, I told him I'd really just like for him to cook me dinner. And he delivered!! We had an amazing dinner of porkloin, asparagus, twice baked potatoes, and even dessert!!
Dessert was crescent rolls filled with Nutella, dark chocolate, and raspberries....YUM! He did amazing. I told him he really shouldn't have set the bar so high for himself because now I have some pretty high expectations! =)
He also spoiled me with some roses and a beautiful orchid!
I still can't believe how lucky I got when I met Justin. This was our 10th Valentine's Day together and they just keep getting more and more special.
| Archie, Justin, & Peyton...don't know what I'd do without them! |
Thanks for stopping by. I have a pretty laid back weekend planned, but I have some serious studying to do...finals are only five weeks away!!
Linking up here:










OMGEEEE!!! how cute is this!!? I have been out of the blogging game for too long. Now that my master's paper is done.. I must get back into it. Justin is one lucky man.
ReplyDeleteLove and Miss you!