Friday, March 6, 2015

Confessional Friday: Things I'm Loving

Share it Please
I'm not feeling the best today (terrible headache), so I'm only posting a few things. I hope to get a few more posts in the works this weekend...be on the look out for those! This Friday, I'm detailing a few things I'm loving right now.

One: This Quote

I saw this quote on Kathie Lee and Hoda's Facebook page and thought to myself, "Wow! What a great quote!" Looking into it further, this quote is by A.A. Milne, the author of Winnie the Pooh. No wonder I loved it so much. I grew up on Winnie the Pooh. I think we had every VHS tape possible and I remember waking up early when I was young and watching it while my parents got ready for work.


There are just so many great lessons hidden within the cartoon, including this one. I've been trying to research a way to get all of our VHS tapes transferred to DVD because I don't think they make them anymore, and I'd like to have my children watch them some day! If anyone has ideas, let me know!

Two: This Weather

FINALLY! Spring is arriving...and let's hope it sticks around! It's supposed to be super nice this weekend and all of next week. I'm hoping I can take the puppies to the dog park so they can run off some of the energy they've built up during these last few cold weeks. 

Three: StitchFix!

I just signed up for this and I'm beyond excited. My friend Destiny, who is also my partner in the Civil Clinic, showed it to me and I'm SO glad she did. Basically, you take a test to see what your style is like, then a stylist selects five items for you. You pay $20 for each box the stylist sends you, try everything on, and send back what you don't like. The $20 then goes toward the purchase price of whatever you select to keep! 


I like this idea because 1) I LOVE getting stuff in the mail. 2) I HATE going to the mall alone and looking for clothes. 3) I have so much black in my closet right now, so I'm hoping they will be sending me some items with some springy colors!

If you want to try it, click here. I want other people to do it as well so we can all compare what is in our boxes! 
Four: 2015 Mystery Afghan Crochet Along

So as I've talked about before, crocheting has become one of my new favorite hobbies. I stumbled across this Mystery Crochet Along from the people at yarnspirations.com and it's been awesome so far. Each week we get a clue to complete for that week. I believe there are 10 clues and by the end you should have an entire blanket done! I'm planning to do blog posts about each clue, but I started a little late on the project. I'm attempting to catch up on the clues first before I post, but here's a little sneak peak!
Clue #1
Clue #2

Thanks for checking in! I hope everyone as a great weekend! Check out the blogs of these ladies as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers