Happy 2015 everyone!!
So as most of you can relate, every year I am faced with the challenge of trying to come up with a resolution or two for the next year. And, every year, by the time February or March rolls around, those resolutions seemed to have slipped my mind. As I was thinking about my 2015 resolutions, I stumbled across a post on Elite Daily called 15 Things to Stop Doing in 2015 and I thought BINGO! For me, it's always been easier to stop doing things than start doing something completely new. This post is inspired by Elite Daily one, but I've put my own twists on it. I think 15 things is a little ambitious...so I've come up with 5 things I'd like to STOP doing in 2015.
1) Stop judging people.
This is my biggest goal for 2015. Occasionally, I will take the time to stop and think about where the negativity in my life is coming from, and I realized that my head is filled with negative thoughts about people on a daily basis. Whether the thoughts are about what outfit someone is wearing or that I could do something better than someone, I found that I was judging people when I had no business to do so. Now, I'm taking the time to remember that most often, when a person does something the way that he or she does, there is a good reason for it. I wouldn't want to be judged for some of the decisions I make, so how I can judge others. No one is perfect, and I'm trying to hard to only think good, positive thoughts about people in this new year.
2) Stop looking for the "quick fix".
Whether it's school, working out, eating right, or money, I'm making it a goal to take the time to put in the hard work it takes to achieve the things I want. A quick fix may seem enticing, but it usually is not a long lasting answer to any problem. "If it was easy, everyone would do it." If I want to get something in my life, I'm going to have to put in the work most others aren't willing to.
3)Stop being too busy to enjoy this season of life.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing to dream big in life, because I don't think it is and I love doing it, but this season of life that I'm in has wonderful elements as well even if they are are challenging at times. Thinking about the next big trip, or a better car, or a bigger house is definitely fun, and I think it's okay to dream and plan for those times, but I think it's important not to get so caught up in wishing for the next thing in life that you miss out on what you currently have. At no time in my life again will I be where I am right now, so I just need to slow down, appreciate what I have, and live in the moment.
4)Stop holding on to things for too long.
This works on so many levels. Cleaning out/organizing my basement is on my to-do list in the next couple of weeks, so I really need to remember this one. I think there is something healthy and refreshing to throw things away, even if it is hard to do. Not only does this apply to the items in my basement, but also to grudges, bad memories, and negative people. There comes a point in life that you need to let go, move on, and chose to be happy.
5)Stop sweating the small stuff/Stop blaming yourself/Stop saying "I'm sorry"
Sorry this is a combination resolution, but I think they all kind of go together. I think it's so freeing to stop worrying about things that won't matter in five years or that are out of your control. Also, stop blaming yourself for the choices you have made. You probably had a good reason for doing it at the time whether that's because it was fun, challenging, or the "right" thing to do. Along with that, don't let others' opinions of your decisions make you blame yourself.
There was a great article I read on the problem of women saying "I'm sorry" all too often for things that are out of their control. While I don't condone being a giant B-word, I'm working on knowing the difference between "I'm sorry" as in "I did something wrong and I'm sorry for my actions" and "I feel sorry for you" as in "Wow that sucks, I empathize with you".
I think if I can attempt to stop doing all of these things in 2015, or at least work on them, not only will it lead to great things, but also I think I will be a much happier and more positive person. What do you all have for resolutions in 2015? I'd love to hear!
Here's to a happy and healthy 2015 for everyone!
I'm linking up with..


No comments:
Post a Comment