Hey everyone! School has started back up and I'm just over here trying to get back into the swing of things. Let me tell you...the motivation factor for your last semester in law school is non-existent!
Time for my confessions for this crazy week!
1) I confess that my closet is undergoing a major transformation.
After a few weeks months of not being able to close my closet doors completely, I decided it was time for a closet overhaul. I saw a segment on the Today show about cleaning out your closet and decided to give it a try. See the video here! Basically you take everything out of your closet and make keep, donate, and maybe piles. The maybe items should all be tried on in front of someone so they can help you make the choice about whether to keep them or donate them. I also got new, slim hangers that take up wayyyyy less space than my old plastic ones! It's looking much better, but not quite there yet. Stay tuned for a post on this process!
2) I confess that I won a contest!
Right before Christmas, I entered a contest with the Lincoln Journal Star for $2015 toward the downpayment of a car. AND I WON! I couldn't believe it. Justin and I have been talking about getting a new one for sometime, so this gave us the perfect opportunity to start shopping!
3) I confess that we're doing some "sleep re-training" with Archie...and it's hard!
We've had Archie sleeping in our room with us for quite awhile now, but he was starting a habit of getting up at 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00am. I love my sleep and that was getting real old, real fast. It would be different if I knew he actually needed something but I know he's just doing it for attention. We feed him and let him out before we go to bed around 11 so I know he should be able to hold it until at least 6:00am. Anyway, in an attempt to retrain him to sleep through the night, we've been putting him in his crate during bed time. If we hear him wake up we are supposed to just let him cry it out until we are ready to wake up and he is quiet. So far so good! He's been sleeping until at least 6:30 every day when my alarm goes off and I can deal with that!
4) I confess that my schedule is kicking my butt!
Between classes, work, and my workload in the Civil Clinic right now I barely have a second to breath. Just finding time to write this post was a challenge. Typically, I'm getting to school around 7:30 or so and not getting to leave until 4:00 or later. I'm sure it'll get easier once I'm used to it, but after not doing much over Christmas break, the sudden change to a super busy schedule is really wreaking havoc on me.
That's all I have!
I'm linking up with these fabulous ladies:
No comments:
Post a Comment