Monday, November 3, 2014

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread

Share it Please
So like most others out there...I'm guilty of falling victim to the fall pumpkin obsession. Last year, I made some pumpkin cream cheese bread. A couple of weekends ago it sounded pretty delicious so I went to look up the recipe. Well, do you think I could find it? No chance.

After scouring Pinterest, I found this recipe. It's not the same, but it seemed close enough. Here it is:

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread

*Cream Cheese Filling*
1 package cream cheese (8oz)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 egg

*Bread*
1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar

Preheat oven to 325. Grease one large loaf pan or two small loaf pans. 

In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1 egg. Beat until smooth.
In another bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. 

In a third bowl, mix together pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and sugar. Blend well. 
Mix the pumpkin mixture into the flour until combined. 

Pour half the batter in the bottom of the pan then add the cream cheese mixture and pour the rest of the batter on top. 

Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cook on rack.
I forgot to take a finished picture...so this is from the original source!
Review
Overall, this recipe was pretty good, but I think I like the old one better (which makes me even more mad that I can't find it). The old one had some orange zest in it and I threw in some chocolate chips as well so I could probably make those additions to this recipe.

One change I think I would definitely make is this: I used one large loaf pan and it took FOREVER to get done in the middle. I'm talking like 2 hours. And then by the time the middle got done, the edges were a little dry. The flavor wasn't affected, but I think the texture could have been better. I would definitely use the two smaller pans next time.

That's all I've got! What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers