I love traveling, but I am by no means an expert. I just know what works for us and maybe you'll find something helpful in here as well.
1) I confess I take my sweet time when researching/planning a trip.
When I booked our honeymoon, I was on the computer the day plane tickets were available to purchase. I scoured over TripAdvisor and Oyster searching for the best all-inclusive hotel. considered becoming a travel agent for a time based on the amount of hours I was putting in planning this trip. I don't know what it is, but there is something to be said for hunting and hunting and finally finding the best deal that makes me happy. Take your time, do your research, and I can assure you will get a better deal than if you just hop on an book the first thing you see.
![]() |
| This is what happens when you do your research =) |
2) I confess I've had to learn to roll with the punches.
Not everything goes right when you're traveling. Whether it is a delay, a broken luggage wheel, or your flight gets cancelled, there is a good chance your trip will not go off without a hitch. In the past, my obsession with being organized and prepared would have probably had me crying at the thought of things not going right. Now, I've learned to let go a bit and I'm SO much happier for it. When our honeymoon flight ft cancelled, instead of freaking out we went to the counter and rebooked...no trouble! I realized that my attitude wasn't going to change the circumstances, so why waste my energy? It's great!
3) I confess it's helpful to travel with someone you get along with.
Kacie and I went to Ireland together and obviously Justin and I traveled to the Dominican Republic. Both trips had ups and downs and bumps in the road. So long as you're with someone that you enjoy being around and who can tolerate any potential mental meltdowns...you should be good to go!
By that person I mean the one who calls the company hotline in an attempt to get a better deal. When booking our honeymoon, we wanted to book using two different credit cards. However, there was no option for this on the website. I called the hotline, and even though we weren't able to use two cards without a fee, the representative gave us $400 off for our troubles. How cool! It's a tip I'm definitely going to remember to use in the future!
![]() |
| Because we saved so much money, we were able to add a Zipline adventure to our package! |
5) I confess that I love coming home to a clean house.
We always take time to pick up the house before leaving. Even though we have a live-in housekeeper right now (thanks, Kacie), we try to take a few minutes to pick up, make the beds, and organize the house a bit before we take off. It is such a nice feeling to get home from a trip and not have to worry about any chores waiting for us.
6) I confess waiting is the hardest part!
I honestly think the worst part of traveling is waiting! We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in May and I can hardly wait...only 5 months to go!
![]() |
| Downtown Detroit |
![]() |
| Skyline |
I've been a little MIA from the blog (which my mom reminded me of :) ) because I've been busy with law school finals. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back in the routine of things now that I'm settled down. I've got a few posts in the works that I'm really excited about...so be on the lookout!









No comments:
Post a Comment