1) I confess that I'm super happy that my sister is visiting from Oklahoma this weekend!
Kacie is on Fall Break this weekend from her graduate program at Oklahoma State University. I haven't seen her since I went down for a visit in mid-September. I know, it doesn't seem like that long ago, but after living in the same city for all but two years of our lives, not seeing her for a month is very strange.
We're planning to go to the Husker football game tomorrow and hopefully grab some sushi tomorrow night! I know she'll have to leave early Sunday to make that 6 hour drive back to Stillwater, but hopefully we'll be able to do something fun before she has to leave. I won't be seeing her for another month (Thanksgiving) so I need to get in as much sister time as possible!
2) I confess that I just got my hair revamped for fall...and I LOVE it.
Cate, one of my friend's since middle school, is an amazing hairstylist and always knows what will look the best. She did my hair for my wedding and it was perfect. Kacie had planned on getting her hair done while she was back in town, so I thought it was time for a change for me as well.
I considered cutting it super short, but chickened out after thinking about it for awhile. I did chop a good six inches off however, and it just feels so much healthier. For the color, I wanted to go a little darker and red-ish for fall and I think it turned out perfectly!
![]() |
| It looks so different in outdoor light vs. indoor...so perfect! |
3) I confess that Justin and I just booked a trip to Detroit!
I'm so so so excited because Justin and I just booked a trip to go visit my best friend Emily in Detroit. She recently moved there with her boyfriend and I haven't seen her since Molly's wedding back in September. We're leaving right after I get done with finals for the semester, so it will be a much needed get away that I'm really looking forward to. I'm excited to see all of her favorite parts of her new city and it will be so good to catch up in person!
4) I confess that I really love party planning.
You would think that after planning a wedding I would be party-planned-out for awhile. But I couldn't stay away! When Mallory's (my sister-in-law) sister asked me to help throw Mallory's baby shower, I said yes right away. Since then, we've been busy coming up with fun game ideas, getting the invites made, and working on decorations. There's a lot to think about, but with the two of us, I think we are getting it done in a timely matter. My next task is to get some suckers for party favors and put some sort of label on them that says, "Look who's ready to pop...Thanks for coming!" Here are those, as well as some other elements we are working on. Click on the captions to find the original sources!
![]() |
| Cute backdrop...yellow and grey of course! |
![]() |
| One game option |
![]() |
| Party favors! |
5) I confess that I realized today how much the morning can make or break your day.
The past couple of mornings have been pretty rough. It seems like no matter what time we put Archie in "bed" for the night, he wakes up at 7AM barking like his life depends on it. Justin and I have been pretty good about taking turns going to let him out, feeding him, and playing with him a bit before he gets tired again. But this morning was one of those mornings when nothing would go right. It started with the barking, then he had an accident on the floor, then I couldn't find the match to my shoe, then my contacts were scratching my eyes, and I felt like I was running late to my hair appointment.
Looking back, I realize if I would have taken the time to play with Archie, maybe taken him on a walk, I could have "reset" my day and probably avoided all the other things that irritated me. Guess I'll know for next time!
There you have it, my "confessions"! I'm happy I was able to get a post together finally. I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Friday evening, cleaning the house, studying, and maybe enjoying a glass of wine. I hope you enjoy yours!
Link up if you would like!
-Emily






No comments:
Post a Comment